Thursday, July 14, 2011

Raw Maca Powder


I recently bought this Raw Maca Powder on a shopping trip to Whole Foods after hearing great things about its benefits. Maca is an Incan root that is rich in vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, amino acids, and has been used as a strength and stamina enhancer for over 500 years. Raw Maca Powder has a malty flavor and easily blends into smoothies, oatmeal, and homemade energy bars. 

Being ridiculously dependent on coffee, I started to research other natural forms of energy that would replace my morning coffee while I complete the Clean Program, and hopefully forever (ha - one can dream). I have been adding a teaspoon to my morning smoothie every morning and I feel much, much more energized. I love how Maca doesn't provide that cracked out feeling high energy buzz followed  by a "crash and burn" feeling later. The energy is a more sustained, feel-good kind of mood that continues throughout the day. 

Maca has also been attributed to these awesome health benefits:

Regulates and Supports the Endocrine System (metabolism, growth, development, tissue function, and mood)
Reduces Chronic Fatigue (feeling lazy and tired)
Supports the immune system
Stimulates Fertility in Both Men & Women
Enhances Libido
Treats Menopausal Symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats, etc)

Pretty impressive, don't you think? Definitely makes you want to stay away from those energy drinks that are high in sugar and full of chemicals. 

Do you have any coffee-replacers you swear by? 

P.S. Click here for my smoothie recipe.
P.P.S. Here's another good energy booster

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...