Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pilates Tunes


I always play music when I teach Pilates. For most clients, their hour of Pilates is the one hour of the day they get completely for themselves: to look after themselves and leave behind the day's stresses. So, I put a lot of thought into the kind of music I play because I think it plays a central role in setting the mood. I've been feeling a bit nostalgic for Brazil, where most of my family lives, so my most recent playlist has a bit of a Brazilian theme. I also threw in some French tunes and classic American songs for good measure. Here's my latest playlist:

1. Summer Samba (So Nice) -- Astrud Gilberto
2. It's Complicated -- Hans Zimmer & Heitor Pereira
3. Esperança de Mar Azul -- Nancy Vieira
4. Que reste-t'il de nos amour -- Charles Trenet
5. Samba de mon coeur qui bat -- Coralie Clement
6. Love Makes the World Go Round -- Deon Jackson
7. Brazil -- Django Reinhardt
8. Je cherche un homme -- Eartha Kitt
9. C'est si bon -- Eartha Kitt
10. I Only Have Eyes for You -- The Flamingos
11. Remember Me -- Heitor Pereira
12. Assedic -- Les Escrocs
13. L'amereuse -- Carla Bruni
14. La vie en rose -- Louis Armstrong
15. Sweet Lorraine -- Stéphane Grappelli
16. I've Got a Crush On You -- Steve Tyrrel
17. Um Canto de Afoxe Para O Bloco -- Caetano Veloso
18. Águas de Março -- Antonio Carlos Jobim
19. Mais Que Nada -- Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
20. She Told Me, She Told Me -- Marcos Valle

Enjoy :)

Photo: Zedge.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...