Monday, July 11, 2011

Bright Green Soup

I am currently on day 15 of the Clean Program and feeling great. It definitely has not been easy especially given the Fourth of July was smack in the middle of week two. I have stuck to it, though, with the help of some wonderful recipes from the Clean book as well as a little creativity on my part. Here's a soup I whipped up last night with some vegetables I had in my fridge. It was surprisingly delicious and is sure to become one of my go-to recipes.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups arugula
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
juice of half a lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
cayenne pepper to taste
black pepper to taste
1/4 cup sprouts for garnish

Preparation:
Add all ingredients to a blender except the olive oil and sprouts and blend on high for 2 minutes. Reduce the speed and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend another 30 seconds and serve. Add sprouts for garnish.

This soup makes for a delicious and filling meal packed with vitamins and antioxidants (especially because of the ArugulaAvocado, Cilantro, and Carrots). It basically is all good for you, so eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...