Monday, June 27, 2011
How To Tone Your Booty
What you need: a desk or table and a small towel. Time: 8 minutes.
1. Stand about one foot away from and facing your table and fold forward at the hips. Place your forearms one on top of the other on the table and rest your forehead on your arms.
2. Make sure your back is flat as your deeply engage the muscles of your belly. Imagine your belly button is rising up to your spine.
3. Take your right leg back so it is just behind your standing leg and reach it long. Slightly bend the standing leg to avoid locking your knee.
4. Take the right leg up as high as you can while maintaining square hips and pelvis. Keep the leg up and bend the knee. Put your towel into the crease of your knee and deeply squeeze into it. Flex the foot deeply and maintain for the duration of the exercise.
5. Keep the leg elevated and squeeze 20 times into the towel.
6. Now maintain the squeeze into the towel while you pulse your leg up to the ceiling 20 times.
7. Alternate squeezing into the cushion and pulsing to the ceiling 20 times (10 times each).
8. Repeat on the opposite side.
9. Remember to stretch out your hamstrings afterwards by placing one leg up on the table and folding at the hips. Repeat on the other side.
Do this 3-4 times a week and you will be ready for those short shorts in no time :).