Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Drink More Water Today!



We all know we're supposed to drink lots of water to keep our skin healthy, stay energized, and boost our metabolism. For some reason, though, I find it very difficult to drink my daily dose of water. Maybe it's because I find it boring. I just don't get super thirsty that often. Apparently not feeling thirsty is one of the first signs of dehydration... go figure. So I wanted to look up some tips on drinking water and here is what I found:


Have a big glass of water first thing in the morning. Better yet, put some lemon in your water as it will speed up your metabolism. Few of us realize how dehydrated we get while we are sleeping and it can really brighten up your complexion and perk you up if you're feeling tired. 


If plain water seems boring, try adding some slices of lemon, lime, cucumber, or mint leaves. Or if you're feeling extra sassy pop in some strawberries ;). 





If you live in the Bay Area, you are lucky to have access to tap water that has been tested as one of the best in the country. I still filter my water just to eliminate any extra unnecessary minerals - plus it makes it taste better!


Make sure you use a container that's BPA-free. BPA in plastic bottles has been linked to breast and uterine cancer, an increased risk of miscarriage, and decreased testosterone levels. Better safe than sorry so invest in a good metal bottle like this one.


If you prefer bottled water, check to make sure the mineral and sodium levels are relatively low and don't reuse as wear and tear in plastic bottles has been shown to cause BPA to leach into the water. 


I've been drinking more water the last three days and I must say I do feel more energized! 


How about you, dear readers? Do you have any tips for getting your daily intake of water? Do you also find it difficult to remember to drink plenty of water? 


Photos: Ashley Horning BlogUndersink Chillers

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...