Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bride Brain


The past couple of days have been a bit of a wonderful blur. On Saturday, my boyfriend Mike asked me to marry him... And I of course said YES! Ever since, I have been giddy with excitement, and all I can think about is the fact that I'm getting married! I know, I know... sounds silly and sappy but it's true. I have Bride Brain. What is this, you ask? Urban Dictionary describes this condition pretty accurately:
Bride Brain ['brid'-'bran']
A less invasive, but more expensive version of a frontal lobotomy. Experienced by most brides, as they enter a catatonic state which renders them incapable of sustaining any thought or conversation that does not involve cake, caterers, flowers, wedding dress designers, Chinese wedding dress knockoff designers, updos, hair pieces, color schemes, wedding themes, and personalized M&M's.  
Bride Brain symptoms include, but are not limited to: driving erratically because they can't stop staring at their shiny diamond ring; being amused by the resentment of their single girlfriends, rewinding songs several hundred times while imagining themselves walking down the aisle, and starvation induced bitchiness which is generally followed by late night bingeing at a Dairy Queen. 
Symptoms are ordinarily well controlled with valium, alcohol, and endless hours of watching Youtube "first dance" videos. 
This Bride Brain business has been affecting me in every aspect of my life, but especially so in terms of writing posts on here. I just can't seem to focus. Bear with me while I try and get back down to earth! :)

P.S. The picture above is the view from the place where Mike proposed to me. Isn't it gorgeous?

2 comments:

  1. You are so entitled and keep this sense of humor handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thanks Sarah :). I can't wait to start planning everything!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...