Today's final part of the Holiday Homework series shows you how to tone your butt and thighs. These exercises may seem simple but don't be fooled - they are extremely effective!
- Kneel on the mat with hip creases open and shoulders, hips, and knees aligned.
- Reach the right leg out to the side, and take your left arm out to the opposite side, with the right hand behind your head.
- Tip over until your right leg is not touching the mat and you are relying on your left hand and left knee/shin to balance.
- First Set – Back and Forth: Inhale, flex your foot and bring right leg forward, exhale and point your foot as your leg goes back. Make sure to keep hips still. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Second Set – Circles: Bend the right knee to 90 degrees and draw little circles with your knee going forward. Keep the knee at hip-height or higher. Repeat 8-10 times then switch directions
- Third Set – Up and Down: Straighten right leg out to the side and pulse up towards the ceiling slowly. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Repeat on the opposite leg.
*** Please note that you should always consult with a doctor before beginning an exercise program and that all information conveyed is for entertainment purposes only and does not intend to diagnose or treat any medical condition.***