Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Does Your Hair Keep You Out of the Gym?


When it comes to excuses to miss a workout, I've heard them all. But here's a reason every woman has used at least one - skipping the gym so you don't mess up your hair. Sound familiar?

I recently asked my hairdresser for some advice and here's what she said: You actually don't have to wash your hair after working up a sweat. It's not oil that your body releases from working out, it's actually salt water. Yes, this "salt water" may mess out a perfect blowout, but it doesn't mean your hair is dirty to the point where you must wash it. Her solution? If you're pressed for time and won't have time to wash and dry your hair, skip the wash and just use a hairdryer and round brush to fix the roots of your hair.

Have curly hair? Flip your head upside down and give the roots a blast of cold air from the hairdryer. Yes, for those of us (like me) who lean toward the germophobic side, his may seem out of the question, but my hairdresser guaranteed me there is no reason to wash after every workout. Fascinating, don't you think? So, I am curious: How many of you would try this method and skip washing after a sweaty workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...